I have been working with hoop earrings lately, but I can only find one style around here, which works well enough, but isn’t exactly what I want. I would like to have more style options, plus get the cost down. As a person on a budget, I like to offer affordable items for other people in my boat. Even poor people should be able to buy handmade:)
While looking for some online options I found this how-to for making your own wire hoop earrings with things I already have on hand. Score! Planning to give it a try, but in the meantime I thought I would share. I will update you later when I have actually made some.
Sadly, the iframes required to embed the project do not work in WordPress.com sites, so here is a screen cap that links to the project. Enjoy!
If anyone tries this, or has tried this, I would love to know how it went!
Also, I feel I should mention I found this project by way of Creative Crafting.
algebra, discount, earrings, Etsy, handmade, handmade jewelry, jewelry, JoyOOAK, literature, math, math jewelry, necklace, OOAKindness, origami, origami jewelry, otter necktie, otters, sale, text book jewelry, text book origami, text books
Thanks to everyone who has helped me make it to 100 followers on Twitter… & beyond! Hurray!
Now, for the drawing I promised. First a reminder of the prizes*:
1. A pair of custom earrings from my shop (which does include any of the pictured styles though they still haven’t made it onto Etsy yet).
2. A t-shirt designed just for this contest.
3. One of my triple headbands with braided ties in your choice of up to three colors.
4. … & a $10 gift certificate to my shop (& only MY SHOP. Etsy is very clear that I must make it very clear to you my gift certificates are only good at my shop. So don’t try to use them at the liquor store. It won’t work). There will also be other random trinkets & candies, of the non-melty variety of course. It’s already in the 90s here, so I won’t be sending out ice cream & chocolates.
Also, I will be drawing for two $5 gift certificates with custom triple headbands.
The same prizes will be given for my Facebook fans when I reach 100 likes over there. I’m at 82 likes now, so you’ve still got time.
* In the event one of my male fans wins, alternative prizes can be arranged. The same goes for people who don’t wear pierced jewelry for religious reasons, or the like. I want you to have something you can enjoy!
On to the rules for my very first ever drawing! Continue reading
Alabama Accents’ Etsy cross promotion day 16! Today we are featuring…
Wendy Lucas, Auburn, Alabama
She is running a special sale for the occasion for 25% off and the coupon is: CROSSPROMO25. She has fabric passport & eReader covers, as well as earrings from buttons & beads. Love these blue, white, & pink dangle earrings.
It snuck up on me, but today’s Alabama Accents’ shop for the Etsy cross promotion is me.
One of a Kindness
Joy Rudder, Stevenson, Alabama
~crafty crochet & other niceties~
Last minute change of plans, I decided to offer free shipping today instead of a discount (domestic only). The coupon code is ALABAMAACCENTSFREE
Something new I’ve been working on, earrings made from origami boots.
One more thing, a blog sneaky pea, since Monday will be day 14 of the Alabama Accents cross-promotion on Etsy, & more importantly MY day to be promoted, I will be offering a 14% discount that day. I’ll post a reminder here with the coupon code.
I spent the weekend working on my packaging, so got behind on my promise to list something new every day for the cross-promotion, but today I have made up for it!
And another thing I set up over the weekend, My Etsy Shop on my facebook page. It’s a new app I found to replace the old Etsy shop page they broke when they added timeline. BOO! What is really neat about MES though, is the ability to add a discount.
If you find something you like on My Etsy Shop, click it, & you will be given a coupon code for a 10% discount & free shipping in exchange for letting it post the item to your fb page. Not a bad swap, I’d say:)